Any content type can be cloned. Cloned content is an exact copy of the original content. For example, if you build a Basic page with a specific layout you want to use again, you can clone it.
- Click Manage > All Content
- You can use the filters to select the content you want to clone. For example, you can filter by Content type.
3. Click the checkbox next to the content you want to clone. Then, under the Action drop down menu select Clone selected content and click Apply to selected items.
Next, you will see the Configure “Clone selected content” action applied to the selection screen.
- From here, you can select how many clones you want to make (up to 10).
Choose a number from the Clone how many times drop down menu.
- In the Prepend Cloned Titles field you can enter a keyword or phrase to identify the cloned content. (Once the clone has been made you can edit the content and rename it.)
- Click Apply.
- Once the cloning is complete you will be redirected to the Content list page. Your cloned content should appear at the top of the list. You can now edit the content as needed.
- Metadata for content will carry over to the cloned content.
- The person who clones the content will be identified as the cloned content’s author.
- After cloning content you will need to manually adjust the menu settings to add menus and change URL path.
- Cloned content will default to unpublished. Once you are finished making edits to cloned content you will need to publish it to make it available on your site.
Clone multiple content items or content types
You can clone multiple content items or content types at the same time following the instructions above for How to clone content. Just click more than one checkbox on the Content list page to select multiple content items to clone at the same time.
Cloning News or Events
To clone Events or News content, you can follow the steps above for How to clone content. However, when cloning Events and News you will have the additional option of adjusting the cloned Event or News content’s Date and Time.
To move the date of a cloned Event or News, click on Adjust Cloned Field Values. Then click the Increment Amount drop down menu and select the number of days/weeks/months/years you want to increase it by. You can increment an Event or News a max of 12.
Click on the Units drop down to select either Year/Month/Week/Day or Time in terms of Hour/Minute/Second.
If you want to clone a yearly Event that happened March 3, 2021 you can change the Increment Amount to 12 and the Units to Year. The cloned Event will then have a date of March 3, 2022.
If you want to clone a News article originally dated Sept. 19, 2021 and change the date to Oct. 1, 2021 you can change the Increment Amount to 12 and the Units to Days. The cloned Event will then have a date of March 3, 2022.
NOTE: There is a known bug when creating two or more clones of Events or News and incrementing them by date or time. The date/time will only increment once, and all the clones will have the same date/time.
For example: If you clone an Event 5 times and increment the date by 1 month it does not increment each clone by 1 month.