Edit, Delete, Revert, and Unpublish content
Upon visiting your site for the first time, you will notice that the site contains out-of-box default content (the Home page, the “How to use this website” page, the “Sample Page 1” page, the “Sample Page 1.1” page, and the “Sample Page 1.2” page). Feel free to modify the existing content to work with what you have envisioned for the site.
- Navigate to [your site url]/user (i.e. https://userguide.stanford.edu/user)
- Log onto the site using your SUNetID
- Navigate to the page you would like to update.
- Click the Edit tab located at the top left of the screen.
You should then be redirected to the editing interface.
Occasionally, you will want to save your page progress but not have the page accessible and/or visible to the public just yet.
You can unpublish the page so that you can continue to work on it behind the scenes.
- Edit the page.
- Right above the Save button, there should be a checkbox labeled Published.
- To unpublish the page, uncheck the Published checkbox.
Updates to the content on a page are saved as new revisions by default. Recent revisions are stored and available in the event you need to revert to an earlier version of the page. To save on database storage, only the five most recent revisions are stored; the older revisions are removed automatically.
To revert to an earlier version of a page, go to "Edit" and click on the "Revisions" tab.
Select a recent version, and click the "Revert" button.
There are two ways to delete a page.
From viewing the page
- Navigate to the page you would like to delete
- Click the Delete tab located in the upper left.
- You will be redirected to a confirmation page. Select the Delete button.
From editing the page
- Edit the page you would like to delete.
- Scroll toward the bottom of the editing page.
- To the right of the Save button, there should be a link labeled Delete.
- Select Delete.