Manage User Accounts and Permissions
You can add new users and assign permission levels or "roles" for them.
Add New Users
Navigate to Users > Add New User:
Add a SUNet ID user or use provided fields
Select Role (permissions)
Create New Account
Manage User Permissions or "Roles"
Site Managers have permission to assign site manager, site editor, or contributor roles to authenticated users.
- Navigate to People from the admin toolbar: [your site url]/admin/people (i.e. https://userguide.stanford.edu/admin/people)
- Locate the user you would like to edit.
- In the operations column, click Edit to update the user account:
- On the Edit page, scroll down to the Roles section. Check the preferred role for the user account:
- Click Save to update the user account. You should be returned to the People page and be greeted with a message saying that the changes have been saved.
Cancel User Account
Warning: Canceling an account is an irreversible action. Please take extra caution.
- From a site manager account, select User from the admin toolbar:
- In the operations column, click edit for the selected user:
- To the right of the Save button, click Cancel account for the selected user:
- You are directed to a confirmation page.
Stanford Web Services recommends using the default option to Disable the account and keep its content.
- Click Cancel account.