Adding Event List Pages to a menu
Any of the Event List Pages can be added to a menu. For this example, we will use the Upcoming Event List page available at [your site url]/events. If you are adding a different Event List page to a menu, make sure that the Link field (addressed below) is updated to reflect the relevant Event List Page url (e.g. Event Series would be /event-series).
- Hover over Structure > Menus > Main navigation in the admin toolbar, and click on Add link.
- In the Menu link title field, add the label for the menu item (e.g. “Events”).
- In the Link field, add “/events” (or other URL depending on the Event List Page you are adding).
- Check the Enabled box so that the menu item will be visible/enabled.
- In the Description field, add a basic description (e.g. “Upcoming Events”).
- In the Parent link field, select <Main navigation>.
- Selecting <Main navigation> will add the page to the main menu. If you would like your page nested under a different menu parent, select the desired menu parent in the Parent link field.
- In the Menu Link Weight field, you can reorder your menu items by clicking the icon next to each item name, and dragging and dropping to your desired order.
- Click Save.
For sites with an existing Events page at "/events", some additional steps are required to display the dynamic Events page. These steps are described further in the related page What if your site has an existing Events page?.