Site managers and contributors have permission to add a Google Form to the website. The ability to add a Google Form is currently available out of the box for all Stanford Sites. You can use Google Forms to create a customized form and add it to your webpage. This is done in three steps, first create the form, add the form, and then insert the form onto to your webpage.
Creating a Google Form
- Log into your Google account.
- Navigate to Google Form.
- Create your form.
For additional information regarding Google Forms, please view the Google Help pages:
Adding a Google Form
- While editing the Google form, click on the Send button in the upper right hand corner.
- A popup will appear with multiple sharing options. Select the Link icon to reveal sharable link.
- Copy the sharable link.
- Navigate back to your site.
- From the admin tool bar, select All Content > All Media > Google Form
- You'll be redirected to the Add Google Form page. On that page you can add the Name and sharable link for your Google Form. If needed, you can also adjust the height, in pixels, of the iframe used to embed the Google Form. This can be useful if you are encountering an extra scroll within your form due to its length.
- Click Save.
Inserting a Google Form
- Navigate to the page where you would like to add the Google Form.
- Edit the page.
- Add/edit the text area.
- Within the text area, select the Media icon from the WYSIWYG:
- A popup will appear. From the left column, select the Google Form tab:
- The Google Form tab will display all the forms you have added on your site. Select and insert the form.
- Save the page. The form should now appear on the page!