How to find and add News to the main menu
By default, the dynamic News List page is located by following the url path [your site url]/news. To add this page to your main menu, follow the steps outlined below.
*Note: Do not include source parameters when pasting URLs into news links.
- In the administrative toolbar hover over Structure > Menus > Main navigation , and click on Add link
- In the Menu link title field, add the label for the menu item (e.g. “News”).
- In the Link field, add “/news”. *Note: Do not include source parameters when pasting URLs into news links.
- Check the Enabled box so that the menu item will be visible/enabled.
- In the Description field, add a basic description (e.g. “News listings”)
- In the Parent link field, select <Main navigation>
- In the Menu Link Weight field, you can reorder your main menu items by clicking the icon next to each item name, and dragging and dropping to your desired order.
- Click Save.
For sites with an existing News page at “/news”, some additional steps are required. These steps are described further in the related page, “What should site managers do if they have an existing News page?".