Adding the Basic page to the main menu navigation
Main content start
- Go to the page you would like to add to the main menu navigation.
- Click Edit on that Basic page that you would like to add to the main menu.
- To the right of the paragraphs section, there should be a menu with multiple items. One of the horizontal tabs is called Menu Settings, expand this Menu settings section.
- Check the checkbox next to Provide a menu link.
- The Menu link title auto-populates to the current Title. If you would prefer to have a shorter title for the menu item, you can update the name within the text box.
Be sure to add a Description which will display when users hover over the menu link, this is a requirement for achieving accessibility best practices.
- Make sure the Parent item dropdown is set to <Main Navigation>.
- You can drag the menu item into your preferred order by using the drag icon:
- Once you are happy with the menu link placement in the menu hierarchy, save the page.